Tuesday, October 25, 2011

[FREE] A Dream Deferred

A Dream Deferred
by Langston Hughes
   What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?

A dream deferred is never forgotten. It is there, but not accomplished. I am sure we all have aspirations to achieve in life. There's usually an obstacle in our way. We have the option to overcome it, or we can ignore it and leave it as it is. 

 When I was younger, I was taught that if you have a good education, you will get into a good university, most likely have a good paying job, and basically a successful future. Of course I dream of graduating form high school, entering a university, and having a good career that pays good and enjoy. At this moment, I am putting those dreams aside, and working my way up towards them. Obviously, I have to go to school everyday to fulfill my dreams of pursuing them one day. 


It is sometimes necessary to defer a certain dream. Those dreams are temporarily put aside for a reason. Maybe you are progressing slowly towards it. Maybe you still aren't ready to reach it. Maybe you just need some more time. Just remember to not let the dream overpower you. Keep in mind that it takes time to achieve a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment